Answer ( 1 )


    Upon discovering a small moldy area on a brick of cheese, a food handler should immediately remove the affected portion of the cheese. It’s important to cut at least 1 inch around and below the moldy area to ensure that all contaminated parts are removed. The rest of the cheese can still be safely consumed as long as it shows no signs of mold.

    After removing the moldy portion, the food handler should thoroughly clean and sanitize any surfaces or utensils that came into contact with the moldy cheese to prevent further contamination. Additionally, it’s crucial to store the remaining cheese in a clean, dry container to prevent future mold growth. If in doubt about the safety of the cheese, it’s best to discard it to avoid any potential health risks.

Leave an answer